Tuesday, April 15, 2008

WTF! Project Runway Moves!

I can't believe this. Apparently Project Runway is no longer a Bravo series, but is moving to Lifetime. The whole story is here.


I'm a bit sad. Project Runway was the show that first introduced me to Bravo which I now love. If PR is really moving to Lifetime, I will follow because it's one of my favorite shows and I adore Tim Gunn. Personally, I'm not enthused with Lifetime. I feel that many of their programs are fluff and their movies are very predictable and therefore boring. I probably won't watch anything else on that channel until they produce some edgier shows. I also have no love for the Lifetime website- which is very sterile and directed at 40 year old women (well, that is their base viewership). I am quite sure that Projects Runway's move is less about reaching more viewers (because there's a ton of us already) and more about the bigger paycheck. Well enough of my cynical delvings into the subject. I guess what I really care about in the end is that PR keeps its 10pm time slot and plays reruns right after, because otherwise I will end up missing episodes and will be very sad. Oh Project Runway, why did you have to get greedy and go to the highest bidder? I love you still, but I question your loyalty.


Oh, and some secondary news- Nina Garcia has been let go from Elle. Supposedly, she had been spending to much time outside of the office and not enought time doing her job. I can believe that, especially when she's been promoting her book and making appearances at different events. Based on this article, Nina may still be judge for PR's next season, but somehow I'm doubtful. The producers would definitely want to sell the judge position to the highest bidding advertiser (based on their current record). If ELLE is still on board, wouldn't they want the judge to be one of their own?

No comments: