Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Style Tips from Kohl's

Kohl's is really attempting to up their style factor lately. First they invited Vera Wang to create a more accessible collection, Simply Vera. Now they have replaced SV with the new ELLE collection. Surprisingly, it's worth a peek.


Kohl's collaborated with Elle Stylist Alia Ahmed-Yahia to bring us a fun and bright springtime collection. Kohl’s definitely benefits from having a professional stylist on board because these outfits in the 'lookbook' are super cute. I love the blue jersey dresses/long shirts. The one shown is $37. Too bad I probably won’t buy anything because I'm holding off on trendy, but lower quality, clothing.
However I did learn some very helpful things from stylist Alia.

  1. Grey staples are great for grounding bold colors that are in this season. They are more versatile and, I think, more suitable for spring than just plain black.
  2. Belts are a great styling tool. They help define the body shape or add interest to a simple outfit. This is great for me, because at 5’2”, I need all the help I can get. With a belt, I can visually shorten my torso and therefore elongate my legs.
  3. She suggests the cropped-sleeve jacket as the must-have for spring.

It's definitely worth your time to check out Alia's video diary under Stylist Spotlight.

No comments: