Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fun Fashion pt. 1: Monochromatic Wardrobes

I do my fair share of reading fashion blogs and articles, and over the years have stumbled upon many wacky/riveting stories. I'd like to share three of the best: monochromatic wardrobes, duplicating Walmart, and crazy shoes.
New York Magazine did a great article about five people who have monochromatic wardrobes (but not in all black because that would be too easy). Some people go to extreme lengths to make sure everything in their wardrobe is that exact color. Personally, I loved Valeria McCulloch's wardrobe which is in electric blue. It's stylish and bold. She must spend a lot on her wardrobe because she buys Louboutins and colors them in custom blue sharpie.



I think monochromatic wardrobes are a cool concept. People will think of you when they see that exact color. Also you would never have to worry about matching because everything goes with each other. I wouldn’t do it myself because 1) it's too difficult to accrue so many items of the same color and 2) I enjoy being a different color on different days. You can express a lot more through mixing and matching.


The closest I would get to this is probably creating a whole monochromatic look for a day like Susie Bubble and Fops and Dandies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i lov dressing in yellow but my wardrobe can't sustain it- but very cool article