Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Salvatore Ferragamo Museum

I think one of the best ways to access the paramount of fashion not through window shopping, but through museums. Museums often feature the best of current and past fashions. So I’m always thrilled to know when there’s a fashion or costume exhibit at a museum. It’s incredibly exciting to see detailed craftsmanship up close.


While I love fashion, I am absolutely obsessed with shoes (think Kelly from the Shoes video). It is my favorite part of an outfit. I bet you already knew that from the unusually high number of posts about shoes in this blog. Unfortunately I have found few exhibits that solely feature shoes.


T
oday while browsing the Salvatore Ferragamo website, I was ecstatic to find out that they have a museum… in Florence, Italy. Go figure. It’s a little sad because I visited Florence just four years ago and did not know there was a shoe museum there. Well the bright side is that the Salvatore Ferragamo website put up a few pictures of the current exhibits.

How cute is this rainbow flats display?

No comments: