Saturday, April 12, 2008

DIY- Painted Dress


This season is all about florals and wearable art. I have ooohed and aaahed over the Chloe Brushstroke Dress and Fendi's Circles Dress. If you have the money, then go ahead and click here for lovely artsy clothes. But for me, I'll have to go the DIY way- buy some white cotton tops or dresses, and whip out the old paint brush. Thankfully, there's a very cute guide provided Teen Vogue on how to make your own.


Designer Wu painted this cute cocktail dress as an example. I think I would want to do a Pollock inspire piece and splatter paint all over. If I don't do any sewing, I think this project is not too difficult. However I do worry about washing a hand painted item. I don't want my other clothes to get dyed the same color! None the less, I'm super excited about this DIY project and will hopefully get to it by May (at least before spring is over).

No comments: