Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Marcello Toshi Luving

Huh, looks like I haven't written a post about shoes since last Friday, so here's another one.

Marcello Toshi is not a well know shoe label, but something about it is special. What caught my eye was the design, which I found to be both creative and sensual. There’s a delicate play of differing material, curves, straps, and cut-outs. I think the designer, Kerry Valdivia, understands a women’s wants very well. I must say, these shoes are as sexy as Louboutins even without the red soles (Mr. Louboutin says the red sole represents a green light for men to approach).


I read a little about the label. It turns out that the shoes are traditionally handcrafted in Peru, so each pair gets the loving attention it deserves. I haven’t seen a Spring 08 collection on the website yet, so I’m not sure if the designer is not doing a collection this season or they just haven’t had time to update the website. I really hope this label continues to thrive because it’s brimming with creativity. I hope you guys are fans too.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can see the whole Spring 08 collection on the Marcello Toshi website - they haven't updated the site yet, but if you log into the Buyers section using the username "buyers" and the password "sreyub" it's all there!!