Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Confessions of a First Time Ebay User

I have always been an ebay watcher, but never a buyer. I was too afraid of getting ripped off and who wants to pay $10+ shipping fees for a $7 dress? Anyway, two nights ago I googled Patrick Cox (of wedding shoe fame). Somehow I stumbled upon these pink Patrick Cox shoes on ebay... that were in my size... and only $20 including shipping cost!! What a deal!


They were such a bargain that I decided to sign up. The auction ended at 8:10 PM, so I checked back on those shoes at 8:00. To my surprise, only 1 person had bid on them so I thought I could snatch those shoes under her nose. I waited until one minute before to place in my bid. I was sure I was going to get those shoes. When the bid got entered, an error page showed up instead, saying I had to enter my credit card information. What?!? Nobody told me I had to enter my credit card info before I could even bid. I quickly filled in my info and tried to bid again. Arrrggg! The auction ended... and someone else had MY shoes for a bargain. I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream- instead I settled for hitting my bed with a stack of papers. I hope those shoes were fake, fake, fake. I know, I'm pretty vindictive.

No comments: