Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tao Okamoto - Model Crush

I love Tao for being so quintessentially Japanese. I'm so glad she cut her hair last year. Her 'rice bowl' hair cut will be her signature. Phillip Lim thought so too when he made her his muse this season. Every single girl in the 3.1 Phillip Lim Fall 2009 show wore a wig cut in her hairstyle. She was so surprised going backstage that all the models looked like her! I remember in my childhood, my mom would give me the exact same haircut. Around 8, I finally got sick of my bangs and haven't gone back to the 'bowl' cut since. The cut still reminds me of little Asian girls.


3.1 Phillip Lim
It's difficult being a muse. (lol)


Yigal Azrouƫl
I think asian skin tones actually look good against stark white.

ADAM
I just love this dress.

Ralph Lauren FW 2009
I also love the furry vest over sheer turtleneck
The makeup is fantasic- understated but glowing!

Isaac Mizrahi

Tao is certainly making the rounds this season, walking for 18 shows in NY alone. It's refreshing to see Asian girls rock the runway. Fresh faces like Tao, Arlenis Sosa, and Lakshmi Menon prove that girls of color can make in the competitive modeling industry.

Credits: Style.com

No comments: