Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Sartorialist Book

Scott Schuman aka The Sartorialist is finally publishing a book of his photography. I can't believe I didn't read this earlier considering I'm an avid follower of his blog. Even though he has received lots of acclaim and book offers, he always turned them down because he didn't want his book to be just another coffee table adornment that's too heavy to actually read. He finally agreed this time because they are doing a paperback release at the same time. I think paperback is so much smarter because I'm more willing to flip through and buy a paperback. Just a few days ago, I was at Barnes and Noble skimming "The Women in the Mirror" which is an amazing book. It was filled with photographs of women from cover to cover, including a number of fashion editorials. The book was huge (maybe 15 in. x 18 in.) and felt like 20 pounds- not a invitation to read. So I'm very excited for Sartorialist- the Book. Congrats Scott! I look forward to seeing your book at my local Borders.

No comments: