Saturday, January 17, 2009

DIY Hermes Kelly Bag

Have you been to the Hermes site? The website is incredibly well designed, graphic heavy, and fun to explore. The Travel the World of Hermes part of the site has plenty of interesting things to do and see. You can watch a video of a scarf blowing machine, play a game of tangram, gaze at gorgeous window displays from years gone by, or explore a forest of tie trees. However, if your browser tends to be a bit slow, the Hermes site may take a long time to upload.




The activity I enjoyed the most was creating your own miniature Hermes Kelly bag out of paper. There are a number of beautiful designs to choose from and the instructions are easy to understand. It’s best to use thicker, glossy paper because it holds the shape better and colors are more vibrant. I only forewarn that the model is quite small and require small skillful hands to crease and glue.




I think the one I made turned out quite well. For now it’s going to just artfully grace my desk. Later I might use it as a gift card holder for a fashionable friend or an ornament on my Christmas tree.


1 comment:

tigoo said...

Each Tie Tree is made with quality new or recycled maple, ash,
pine, poplar and unique wood. Tie Trees can be combined with an
array of different fabrics and can be custom made. Our bow ties
are easy to fasten and adjust.