Thursday, July 9, 2009

Finally!! Leanne's Collection on Bluefly

Since season 4 of Project Runway, all winning designers get to create a collection to sell on Bluefly. I'm actually really enthusiastic this time because I adore Leanne and her 'pleating' skills. The long awaited collection was finally revealed yesterday. I must say, I think it will actually sell!! I remember some of Christian Siriano's stuff heavily discounted during final sales, like 70%+, which is highly unusual for Bluefly so I suspect it didn't sell very well. Leanne's collection is more wearable and generally well priced. The price point is actually lower than the apparel on her website. The only thing that bothers me is that Bluefly states the retail price at $210.00 and then discounts it 20% to $168.00, when really the retail price is $168.00 and there was no discount. I hate when businesses initially mark up an item only to pretend discount it immediately. Anyway, annoyance at Bluefly aside, I think this is a great start for Leanne. Go Leanimal!








No comments: