Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The 'Anna' Documentary



First Valentino and now Anna Wintour! Looks like all the big names in fashion are getting a feature film documentary these days. I guess people can't get enough of Vogue. To be honest, I think U.S. Vogue has been getting worse and worse- haphazard or boring fashion spreads and articles that read like lists of socialite and designer names. Hardly anything catches my interest. I usually flip to the back first and browse the three pages of guest editor selected 'must haves' (you know, the ones that look like scrapbook pages). Then I check out the photo shoots and luxury brand ads. I get a 1/2 inch thick mag every month and there's nothing in there worth reading, skimming maybe but not reading- boo-hiss! I am definitely not renewing this year.

Despite my complaints with Us Vogue, it's a given I'm going to watch 'The September Issue'. I may not like Wintour's selection on recent issues, but I (and probably every fashion blogger out there) dream of being the Editor-in-Chief of Vogue. Attending fashion shows and everyone asking your opinion on what's fashionable and what not, having the power to promote young designers, putting together fashion spreads and reviewing fashion articles, what's not to like about that job? I definitely want to check out the amazing things you get to see and do as the Editor-in-Chief of one the best known fashion magazines in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you angel what are the ED Hardy
or the accoutrements aloft attending like, you can see hardy shirt
actuality and there abnormally all over the world. If you're planning to accept a hardy shirts
as a allowance for your families, just amuse appointment the hardy shirts
online store.