Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Speechless at Giles



I don't know what to say, except perhaps- "It's not just me, right?" Huh, fashion as a phallic symbol. Maybe Giles is implying that women are being masculinized. Women are protecting themselves in male-dominated industries by imitating men. Only Giles would create fashion that requires a dissertation which is why he's the enfant terrible of British fashion. Here are some less controversial looks.





Browsing the Giles collection is always fun because it blurs the line between fashion and art, ugly and pretty. I can only say that the clothes aren't very wearable but I can see the odd accessory being worn by a fashion editor. I loved the wide brimmed hat that resembles Japanese straw hats, the touches of fur, and the amazing, open-zipper, tall boots.

No comments: