Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oscars Dresses 2009: The Rerun

I wasn't able to watch the Oscars on Sunday and make mental notes on the dresses that graced the red carpet. Thankfully, the internet has provided great photos of the Oscar dresses for my viewing pleasure a day later. I must say, the dresses are fantastic this year.


Natalie Portman glows in Rodarte. I'm glad not too many dresses were in black.


This Armani Prive dress is absolutely stunning. It shows Anne Hathaway's curves in all the right ways. My pick for best dressed.


I love when stars go for something unconventional, and Marion Cotillard does the best in this Dior Couture dress. I still love her fish scale Gaultier dress from last year better. That dress really took guts to wear but it fit her splendidly.


Instead it's Miley Cyrus that wore a dress reminiscent of fish scales this year. It looks so expensive, like there are thousands of diamonds encrusted on the dress!


Evan Rachel Wood looks amazing again! Not as awe-inspiring as her Elie Saab dress from the Acadamy Awards, but it's very close. She evokes such a timeless sophistication that makes her a joy to see on the red carpet.


Marisa Tomei wears a jaw-droppingly intricate Versace gown. Words can't express how much I love it.


Sex and the City has certainly endowed SJP major style. The bodice is intricately beaded and perfectly cinched on this princess gown.


My Ideal Oscar Dress


Most stars wear carpet-grazing gowns, but this intricate cocktail dress by Carmen Valvo is much more youthful. I paired it with the same hue Louboutin heels and dazzling Erickson Beamon earrings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish to acquaint some types of Ed Hardy Clothes
here. Authentic ED Hardy Shoes
from La Dolce Vita accumulating featuring the Beatrice N/S Tote backpack in putty. Authentic hardy shirt
featuring the Aitana Tote backpack in black. The hardy shirt
is one of a lot of accepted bags.

Anonymous said...

i like all of the dresses personally,espesiall miley cyruses,but i think it looks expensive

Amara said...

I hate Miley Cyrus! She looks like a fish