Monday, April 6, 2009

For A Rainy Day

On rainy days, I just can't wake myself up. I don't know if it's because those mornings are too cold and damp that I don't want to leave my warm and comfy bed. Or perhaps the dark overcast makes me think that the morning hasn't begun yet. The unfortunate fact is rain is highly correlated with sleeping through my inner alarm clock and being late for class! Not only am I running late when it rains, but I also hate going out in the rain. The bottoms of my jeans get wet. Also when it rains heavily, earthworms (with their peculiar earthy smell) litter the sidewalk. Unpleasant sums up my opinion of a rainy day.

But rain wouldn't be so bad if A) I was in Venice B) and using such a cute umbrella like the
prima donna in this picture.


She makes rainy days seem glamorous! Since I can't exactly take a trip to Italy- instead I'll settle for an amazing umbrella I'll be happy to stand under.



Sky Umbrella
MoMA shop: $48
When it's gloomy and rainy outside, I can still look up at a perfect blue sky with this umbrella.


Venice Canals Umbrella
Ebags.com: $24
Venice happens to be one of my favorite places in the world. No other place is as romantic and charming as the City of Water. I love how this umbrella embodies the Old World charm of exploring the alleyways by gondolas.

Jean Paul Gaultier Cupidons Umbrella Raindrops: $175.00 (cad)
Gazing at this umbrella is like staring in awe at a Botticelli-painted dome inside an Italian cathedral.

Raindrops, a Canadian rain gear shop, has an amazing collection of unique but highly desireable umbrellas.
ArtistGifts is another great place to purchase an umbrella. They take famous artworks and print them on everyday objects like umbrellas.
I'm sad the "Rainy Day In Paris" umbrella is sold out. The painting is perfect for an umbrella!
Monet Water Lilies Umbrella MyDanilo: $20
A Monet watercolor captures the mood of a rainy day quite well, don't you think? Hazy and blue.

No comments: