Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Little Indulgent

Sometimes its good to treat yourself, especially when it doesn't cost too much. Nothing too expensive to make you feel guilty but a little something to perk you up. I scoured the web for things that are unnecessary but totally worth it. In the mist of all that studying, staying up all night, and barely feeding myself because I feel so nauseous, I think I deserve something special.

Smith's Rosebud Salve: $5.59
I'm a firm believer in lip balm over lipstick or lipgloss. The Rosebud Salve is highly hydrating and a little glossy, just what my lips need in the winter. It also smells wonderful. Since keeping my lips hydrated is something I tend forget about (because my lips don't get cracked often), I suppose lip-anything is indulgent.

Vanilla Bake Cupcakes: $3.25
These cupcakes from the Vanilla Bake Shop are beautiful and delicious too. They are the perfect 'carrot' to get me motivated about studying. A cupcake for each hour spent bent over textbooks? With flavors like Chocolate Raspberry, Toasted Dark Chocolate Coconut, and the new Blackberry Passion Fruit, it's hard to have just one.


Report Dharma Scuff: $ 5.01
I have dreams of wearing these as indoor slippers. I can be the shah of the apartment and play out a Persian fantasy. Comfortable and sparkly, I'll have no problems keeping these on my feet as I lounge around the apartment. I might even debut them outdoors and hope they don't get too scuffed.


Pomegranate Soap: $5.75
I love the taste and smell of pomegranate. It's a bit difficult to eat; you have to open up its hard shell and carefully pluck the juicy seeds. However once you extract the edibles and bite into the seeds, the juice just bursts out. The flavor is sweet but tart, which I love. And I've never had a bad pomegranate so there isn't the disappointment of biting into something too sour (as sometimes happens with berries). I'm curious how pomegranates translate to soap. I normally don't use bar soap anymore, instead opting for the easier to dispense liquid soap. However, the soap looks so lush and delicious that I might indulge in bar soap once in a while. And maybe indulge in a bubble bath too. Me, a hot tub of water, a loofah, and pomegranate suds sound like heaven.

No comments: