Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Gap White Shirts Reinvented... Again

For those who keep track of high street – designer collaborations, I’m sure you know about the one Gap is doing. They are working with some of the best and brightest new designers out there- Phillip Lim, Michael Bastian, Band of Outsiders, and ThreeAsFour- on reinventing the Gap classic white shirt.



All four of these designers are incredibly talented and offer very sleek, clean silhouettes. While the entire collection is lovely, I like the middle two renditions the best: the cut-out dress by ThreeAsFour (left) and 3/4-sleeved top by Phillip Lim (right). I think the biggest complain I have with the designer collection at Gap is the prices. The dress is $88 and the shirt is $78. If I spent $78, it would have to be on genuine Phillip Lim 3.1! I would not pay more than $40 for something at Gap. Hopefully (although unlikely), the prices will go down because I really do like the collection.

No comments: